Sunday, December 6, 2009

Wicked Cleveland, 12/5/09 m

Pictures from this trip are not on my computer for some reason.  I will find them and post them when i do!




SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5TH, 2:00 PM



SO DONNA VIVINO WAS ON VACATION, AND I KNEW THAT WEEKS IN ADVANCE. I PREPARED TO SEE MERIDETH KAYE CLARK. WELL, I GOT TO THE THEATRE, BOUGHT A BILLION SOUVENIRS GRABBED A LOT OF PLAYBILLS, AND WENT OVER TO THE UNDERSTUDY BOARD..... TO SEE THAT I WOULD BE SEEING STEPHANIE TORNS AS ELPHABA. I WAS A LITTLE CONFUSED. I WAS NOT UPSET THAT STEPHANIE WOULD BE ON, BUT I HAD TALKED TO MKC THE DAY BEFORE AND SHE HAD SAID "CYA THERE" SO I ASSUMED SHE WOULD BE ON. WELL, SHE WASNT. I THOUGHT "MAYBE SHE'LL BE @ THE STAGE DOOR WAITING FOR ME?" BUT I WAS NOT OVERLY HOPEFUL.

THE SHOW STARTED, AND WOW:
CHANDRA LEE SCHWARTZ AS GLINDA DID AN AMAZING JOB. HER VOICE IS PERFECT FOR THE ROLE. HER ACTING WAS WONDERFUL, AND SHE LOOKED RIGHT AT HOME IN THAT BUBBLE. HER POPULAR WAS VERY DIFFERENT FROM KATIE'S, MEGGIE'S, OR ALLI'S, BUT IT WAS AWESOME AND HILARIOUS ALL THE SAME.
I DONT USUALLY REVIEW THE WITCH'S FATHER (PLAYED BY KEVIN MCMAHON), BUT I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO POINT OUT HOW AWESOME A JOB HE DID. STEPHANIE TORNS WAS AMAZING. HER VOICE WAS SPELLBINDING. WHEN SHE RAN OUT AT THE BEGINNING, SHE LOOKED EXACTLY LIKE DONNA, IT SCARED ME A BIT. SHE WAS THE FIRST ELPHABA THAT I HAVE SEEN THAT GOT ENTRANCE APPLAUSE SINCE SHOSHANA IN TORONTO. STEPH'S VOICE WAS SHOCKINGLY ORIGINAL, YET IN PLACES, REMINDED ME IRRESISTABLY OF EDEN, MARCIE, TEAL, AND STRANGLEY, ...NICOLE. SHE USED ALOT OF EDENS RIFFS, AND ON LOWER NOTES, SOUNDED LIKE TEAL. WHEN SHE ROSE IN "DEFYING GRAVITY" SHE LOOKED AND SOUNDED JUST LIKE MARCIE. AND ON THE HIGHER PARTS, I HEARD SOME PARKER IN HER VOICE :) EXCELLENT JOB BY STEPHANIE. RICHARD H. BLAKE: EXELLENT FIYERO. VERY DIFFERENT FROM AARON TVEIT OR CLIFFTON HALL, BUT HE DID A WONDERFUL JOB. HE PLAYED THE MORE MATURE FIYERO. STEPH AND CHANDRA PLAYED OFF OF HIM REALLY WELL. BRYNN O' MALLEY DID AWESOME JOB. SHE HAS A REALLY POWERFUL VOICE, AND REALLY ACTED THE YOU KNOW WHAT OUT OF THE CHARACTER. SHE AND DEEDEE ARE THE STRONGEST NESSA'S VOCALLY I HAVE EVER SEEN. BEN LIEBERT REALLY DID A NICE JOB EXPRESSING OBSESSION OVER GLINDA, AND STRUGGLING AGAINST NESSA. HE REALLY LOOKS THE PART, AND HE HAS A PRETTY AWESOME VOICE. PAUL SLADE SMITH WAS AWESOME. THIS ROLE WAS CUT OUT FOR HIM OR SOMETHING. HE WAS A GREAT WITCH'S FATHER BOTH TIMES I SAW HIM, BUT IS A BILLION TIMES BETTER AS DILLAMOND. I REALLY ENJOYED HIS PERFORMANCE. RICHARD KLINE DID A WONDERFUL JOB (PUN INTENDED) I LIKED HIS VOICE, AND YOU COULD SEE HIM KIND OF STRUGGLE WITH MORRIBLE A LITTLE BIT, ALMOST LIKE HE DIDNT WANT TO CAUSE ELPHABA ANY MORE TROUBLE. GREAT JOB. RANDY DANSON WAS EXCELLENT. I LIKED HER ALOT. SHE MADE THE ROLE VERY FUNNY, BUT STILL EVIL. I THOUGHT SHE WAS A GREAT MORRIBLE.

AFTER THE SHOW:



WE BOLTED BACK TO THE STAGE DOOR. THE CAST HAD A REHERSAL AFTER THE SHOW, SO I WAS A LITTLE NERVOUS AS TO WHO WOULD COME OUT. I MET A GOOD DEAL OF THE ENSEMBLE, MOST OF WHOM RMEMBERED ME FROM LAST JULY (SURPRISINGLY) RENEE LAWLESS ORSINI (WHO I NEVER MET, OR COMMUNICATED WITH) CAME OUT AND SAID "HEY THERE KYLE!!" I WAS LIKE WHAAA? HAHA. MERIDETH KAYE CLARK DID WAIT FOR ME. IT WAS AMAZING. SHE CAME OUT WITH THE PLAYBILL FROM DENVER THAT DONNA VIVINO SAVED FOR ME. SHE SAID "HEY! I HAVE SOMETHING FROM DONNA, SHE WANTED TO MAKE SURE YOU GOT IT." SHE TALKED TO ME FOR A LONG TIME. SIGNED MY POSTER, AND I OPENED MY GRIMMERIE UP TO THE PAGE WHERE I PUT HER HEAD OVER IDINA'S IN ONE SHORT DAY, AND SHE LAUGHED REALLY HARD. THEN SHE WROTE "I LOOK GREAT AS A GREEN BOBBLE-HEAD! ALL LOVE, MERIDETH KAYE CLARK" THEN I TOOK A PIC WITH HER. SHE PULLED AWAY AFTER THE PIC, AND SHE SAID "YEAH, WE GOT A PICTURE IN THIS SAME SPOT LAST TIME, BUT U WERE SHORTER!" AND I SAID "AND YOU HAD BROWN HAIR." THEY I GAVE HER THE POSTER THAT I MADE FOR HER, AND SHE LOVED IT. :) I MET MARISSA LUPP AND STEFANIE BROWN WHO CAME OUT TOGETHER. THEY TALKED TO ME FOR A LONG TIME, THEN I GOT PICS WITH THE TWO OF THEM TOGETHER. I MET RICHARD KLINE, WHO WAS REALLY NICE. HE PRETENDED TO GIVE ME A HARD TIME. HE WAS WALKING AWAY, AND I WAS LIKE "RICHARD, WILL YOU SIGN FOR ME?" AND HE FAKE SLUMPED OVER. AND RENEE, WHO WAS STILL THERE WAS LIKE "OH HE WILL SIGN FOR YOU, HES JUST PRETENDING TO GIVE U A HARD TIME." AND RICHARD WAS LIKE "NO I COULD HAVE KEPT WALKING! (OBVIOUSLY JOKING). THEN I MET PAUL SLADE SMITH, WHO WAS AWESOME. I TOLD HIM I HAD SEEN THE SHOW 8 TIMES, AND HE WAS REALLY EXCITED ABOU THAT. LOL... BRYNN O' MALLEY CAME OUT, AND I WAS LIKE "BRYNN O' MALLEY!" AND SHE WAS ALL LIKE HEYYYY! HAHA... SO I SAID "I MET YOU ON BROADWAY ON UR LAST DAY!" AND SHE WAS LIKE "YEAH, WASNT IT TOBY'S BIRTHDAY OR SOMETHING?" "YEAH" THEN WE TALKED SOME MORE, AND I GOT A PIC WITH HER. SHE WAS LIKE "NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN" "YOU TOO!" THEN SHE LEFT. THEN A FEW MORE ENSEMBLE MEMBERS CAME OUT. THEN STEPHANIE TORNS! I GOT TO TALK TO HER, AND SHE TOLD ME HOW NICE IT WAS TO FINALLY MEET ME, AND ETC ETC... I TOLD HER SHE WAS AMAZING AND ALL THAT JAZZ. HAHA.. SHE SIGNED, AND WENT BACK IN FOR CHANDRA, (WHO NEVER CAME OUT). THEN TERRA LYNN ARRINGTON WAS WALKING OUT, AND I WAS LIKE "ARE YOU TERRA" AND SHE LOOKED A LITTLE SHOCKED I WAS LIKE "SORRY, I HAVE MET U LIKE 3 TIMES" AND SHE WAS LIKE "I THOUGHT U LOOKED FAMILLIAR" AND SHE SAID "IM GONNA SIGN IN MY USUAL SOPT, U KNOW WHERE THAT IS, UNLESS SOMEONE ALREADY- AH (STEPH SIGNED REALLY BIG ON THE HAT, WHERE SHE NORMALLY SIGNS.) SHE SAID "TELL STEPHANIE I'LL BEAT HER UP LATER." THEN, LIKLE TWO MORE ENSEMBLE MEMBERS CAME OUT, AND I LEFT. CONSIDERING THEY HAD A REHERSAL, IT WAS A PRETTY GOOD STAGE DOOR EXPIRIENCE. I HAD A GEAT DAY. WHEN MORE DETAILS COME TO MIND AOBUT WHAT HAPPENED, I WILL POST THEM. :) CANT WAIT TO SEE IT AGAIN! :

No comments: