Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Wicked 4/17/10 m

Hey Everyone!  I am copying and pasting the "Wicked Experiences" from the bottom of the page to the posts around the time I posted them, because I did SO much typing and it's so much reading at the bottom of the page!  Haha!  So that is why they are in all caps.  This is my Wicked trip from Broadway, April 17, 2010.
9:30 AM SATURDAY, APRIL 17TH
SO I HAD WANTED TO DO "BEHIND THE EMERALD CURTAIN" FOR A LONG TIME, BUT NEVER HAD THE CHANCE. BUF FOR THE FIRST TIME, I WAS IN NYC ON A SATURDAY MORNING! BUT WE DID'NT HAVE TICKETS FOR THE TOUR. SO ME AND MY AWESOME MOM WENT TO THE THEATRE (FROM THE FINANCIAL DISTRICT... LONG WAY) TO GET TIX. WE ENDED UP GETTING THEM, WHICH WAS AWESOME. I WAS SO EXCITED TO DO THIS TOUR. SO WE GET UP THE THE EXHIBIT, AND I LOOK AT ALL THE COSTUMES UP CLOSE. IT WAS AMAZING. THEN SEAN MCCOURT COMES IN AND TALKS TO THE GROUP FOR A LITTLE BIT ABOUT BEHIND THE SCENES STUFF (OBVIOUSLY) AND HIS EXPERIENCES WITH THE SHOW, AND HOW HE GOT TO PLAY DILLAMOND FOR A YEAR, AND HOW HE PLAYED THE WIZ ON KRISTIN CHENOWETH'S LAST NIGHT. (I FREAKIN TOUCHED ELPHABA'S HAT. SHHH) ANYWAY, THEN HE WENT INTO THE HOUSE, AND ANTHONY GALDE CAME OUT AND TALKED TO THE CROWD, MOSTLY ABOUT COSTUME FITTING. HE ASKED PPL TO RAISE THEIR HANDS IF THEY HAD SEEN THE SHOW, AND SAID KEEP YOUR HANDS UP IF YOUVE SEEN IT 1... 2... 3.... 4... AND AS THE NUMBERS GOT HIGHER, HANDDS DROPPED. BY 6, MY MOM AND I WERE THE ONLY ONES WITH OUR HANDS IN THE AIR (DONT JUDGE US :) ) SO HE TURNED AND SAID "HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU SEEN IT?" I SAID "9 TIMES AFTER THE MATINEE TODAY" AND HE WAS LIKE "OK! WELL! THATS... NOT NORMAL, BUT THANKS FOR YOUR ENTHUSIASM! HE THEN EXPLAINED LOTS OF THINGS THAT I WILL NOT EXPLAIN ON HERE, IN CASE U HAVENT SEEN THE SHOW. WE THEN WENT INTO THE HOUSE, AND SEAN PLAYED A VIDEO, AND THEY BOTH TALKED ABOUT PAY, AND ABOUT IDINA MENZEL'S (INJURY FILLED ) LAST NIGHT IN THE SHOW. THEN WE WENT INTO THE LOBBY, AND SEAN AND ANTHONY CAME OUT TO SIGN AUTOGRAPHS. I HAD AN OLD PLAYBILL FOR THEM TO SIGN, SO I HAD ANTHONY SIGN FIRST. HE SAIID "HEY! I HAVENT SEEN YOU IN A WHILE! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN? YOU'VE GROWN SO MUCH!" AND WE TALKED A BIT. I WAS JUST KINDA SHOCKED THAT HE REMEMBERED ME! AND THEN SEAN WAS EXPLAINING TO THE CROWD HOW DEFYING GRAVITY WORKS. WHILE HE SIGNED MY WICKED PLAYBILL, AND MARY POPPINS SHOWBILL, A GIRL DROPPED A U/S SLIP OUT OF A PLAYBILL SHE WAS CARRYING. I HAD SEEN HER GRAB A PLAYBILL INSIDE OF THE HOUSE, SO I ASKED HER WHO THE SLIP HAD ON IT. IT SAID "AT THIS PERFORMANCE, THE ROLE OF ELPHABA WILL BE PLAYED BY JENNIFER DINOIA" AT THAT POINT, I BEGAN MENTALLY PERPARING MYSELF FOR JENNY TO BE ON :)
i TOOK many PICTURES, HOWEVER, i WILL ONLY POST A FEW TO SAVE SPACE!
 Set Model
 Mandy and Katie
 Kristin's Costume
 Mandy's Billboard
 Idina Menzel's costume
 Timothy, Jenny, Alex, and Andy's pictures
sET MODEL



11:30- MY MOM AND I ATE AT A PLACE NEAR THE THEATRE. AFTER THAT, WE WALKED BACK DOWN TO THE GERSHWIN. IT WAS ABOUT 12:20. SHE TOLD ME SHE WANTED TO GO TO COSI TO GET A DESERT, SO I SAID "CAN I STAND BY THE STAGE DOOR?" SO I DID :) FIRST IN WAS KENWAY, WHO SIGNED MY SOUVENIR PROGRAM. I ASKED OF MANDY AND KATIE WOULD BOTH BE ON, AND HE SAID "MANDY IS ACTUALLY OUT, BUT KATIE SHOULD BE ON!" HE WENT IN AND CHECKED, AND SURE ENOUGH "JENNY IS SCHEDUELED FOR THE MATINEE." "AWESOME!" NEXT IN WAS JENNIFER DINOIA! SHE CAME UP, AND I SAID "ARE YOU JENNY?" AND SHE WAS LIKE "YEAH!" WE HAD A REALLY LONG TALK! IT WAS AMAZING. SHE SIGNED, AND WENT IN. NEXT IN WAS SEAN MCCOURT (I DONT KNOW WHY, CAUSE HE ISNT IN THE SHOW ANYMORE) BUT HE SIGNED, AND I WAS LIKE "HEY! EVIL BALD GUY!" (JOKE FROM EMERALD CURTAIN) JONATHAN WARREN CAME IN NEXT, AND SIGNED MY PROGRAM, HE WAS VERY NICE AS USUAL. THEN THERE WAS A LONG WAIT. SO AS I AM LOOKING AROUND, THERE IS A BLONDE GIRL IN A WHITE COAT COMING UP TOWARD THE STAGE DOOR. I STARTED THINKING, HMMM, IS THAT HER? NO, IT CANT BE... IS IT? YES! AS SHE CAME CLOSER TO THE DOOR, I REALIZED IT WAS INDEED KATIE ROSE CLARKE. IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHY THIS IS SUCH A BIG DEAL FOR ME, I DIDNT GET THE CHANCE TO MEET HER IN CLEVELAND, AND MEGGIE WAS ON IN BUFFALO, AND I DIDNT GET TO SEE THE SHOW IN PITTSBURGH. SO I HAD WAITED OVER 2 YEARS TO MEET HER, AND SHE WAS SO NICE! A LITTLE RESERVEC, BECAUSE IT WAS BEFORE THE SHOW, BUT I WAS LIKE "I SAW YOU IN CLEVELAND, YOU ARE AMAZING OH MY GOSH! AAAAH!" HAHA... SHE SIGNED MY PROGRAM, AND ASKED IF I WAS GOING TO SEE THE SHOW THAT DAY, AND I SAID YES. I HAD HER (FINALLY) SIGN MY GRIMMERIE ON THAT PICTURE THAT I WANTED HER TO SIGN ON TOUR. AFTER KATIE, KATHY SANTEN CAME IN, AND I TALKED TO HER ABOUT HOW I SAW HER IN CHICAGO AS THE MIDWIFE. NATHAN PECK CAME IN AND I WAS LIKE "YOU DID THE TOUR!" "YEAH!" PJ BENJAMIN CAME IN AND I TOLD HIM IT WAS MY 4TH TIME SEEING HIM AS THE WIZARD. HE WAS LIKE "OH MY GOSH!" AND WE TALKED A BIT. NEXT IN WAS NOVA BERGERON, WHO IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE TO TALK TO AT A STAGE DOOR, CAUSE SHE IS SO NICE, AND OF COURSE SHE REMEMBERED ME FROM PREVIOS TRIPS. NEXT IN WAS MARK SHUNKEY, AND ONCE AGAIN, I HAD THAT 2 SECOND SHOCK WHERE I THOUGHT IT WAS BRAD WEINSTOCK. (HAPPENED TO ME IN BUFFALO TOO) BUT HE WAS NICE, AND REMEMBERED THE "ONE TIME THAT HAPPENED BEFORE" (THESE PEOPLES MEMORIES ARE AMAZING) NEXT WAS EDDIE PENDERGRAFT, AND LINDSAY K. NORTHEN, WHO BOTH SIGNED, AND LINDSAY OF COURSE REMEMBERED ME. NEXT WAS LINDSAY JANISSE, WHO IS ALWAYS A NICE PERSON, AND SHE SIGNED, BUT TOLD ME SHE WOULD NOT BE COMING OUT AFTER THE SHOW, BECAUSE SHE HAD REHERSAL FOR EASTER BONNET. ROBIN WILNER AND SARAH BOLT CAME IN NEXT, AND WERE BOTH EXTREMELY NICE. ROBIN AND SARAH BOTH REMEMBERED ME FROM 2OO9. AMANDA ROSE CAME IN NEXT, AND TALKED TO ME, AND REMEMBERED MY FAN LETTER FROM WHEN SHE PLAYED NESSA ON TOUR. DAVID HULL CAME IN NEXT, AND SINCE I HAD'NT SEEN ALEX BRIGHTMAN GO IN, I ASSUMED HE WAS ON FOR BOQ. WRONG. HE DOESNT UNDERSTUDY BOQ ANYMORE, ALEX WANT IN REALLY EARLY I GUESS :) NEXT WAS TIMOTHY BRITTEN PARKER, I SAW HIM GET OUT OF A TAXI, AND HE CAME UP SIGNED, AND TOLD ME HE WOULDNT COME OUT AFTER BECAUSE OF REHERSAL, THEN TOOK A PIC WITH ME. MICHAEL DEVRIES CAME IN,A ND TALKED TO ME, AND REMEMBERED ME FROM LAST YEAR. HE WAS VERY NICE AS USUAL. I THEN SAW STEPHANIE TORNS! (BY THE WAY, ITS REALLY WEIRD HAVING ONE OF UR PREVIOUS ELPHABAS BE IN THE ENSEMBLE THE NEXT TIME SEEING THE SHOW.) I TALKED TO HER, AND SHE WAS LIKE "HEYYY! HOW ARE YOU?!?! ITS GREAT TO SEE YOU!" IT WAS PRETTY AWESOME. NEXT WAS ANDY KARL, AND I COMPLIMENTED THE OZ BLOG, AND HE WAS NICE. LAST IN WAS JENNY FELLNER, NESSA, WHO WAS REALLY NICE, AND SAID "SEE YOU AFTER THE SHOW! AND THANKS FOR THE MAIL!" THEN I SAW......
Me and timothy pre show
Very Blurry Picture of the Cast Board: Jennifer DiNoia as Elphaba
 Cast Board again!
 Curtain

cURTAIN

WICKED (FOR THE 9TH TIME :) )
JENNIFER DINOIA WAS ABSOLUTLEY INCREDIBLE. LET ME TELL YOU, SHE HAS AN INCREDIBLE  VOICE. SHE WAS SUCH AN AMAZING ELPHABA, AND HER NO GOOD DEED IN PARTICULAR WAS A STANDOUT. SHE SANG DEFYING GRAVITY WITH SO MUCH POWER, AND TRIED LOTS OF NEW RIFFS, INCLUDING THE HIGH "DE-FY-YING" WHERE SHE MOVED UP AND DOWN ALL OVER THAT NOTE. IT WAS INSANE. KATIE ROSE CLARKE WAS BRILLIANT AS EVER. SHE TONED HER POPULAR DOWN A BIT, (BUT NOT TOO MUCH) FROM CLEVELAND. IN CLEVELAND SHE RAN LAPS AROUND THE STAGE AND JUMPED AROUND A LOT MOR I AM NOT SURE WHICH ONE I LIKED BETTER. SHE WAS SO GOOD. NOMTW WAS GREAT, AND POPULAR WAS HYSTERICAL. SHE WAS SOO GOOD. ANDY KARL WAS VERY GOOD AS FIYERO. PRETTY AWESOME DTL. ALAYM WAS VERY GOOD. HE WAS VERY FUNNY IN THE ROLE, AND IT WAS A VERY GOOD TAKE ON THE CHARACTER. I THINK HE COULD HAVE PLAYED WITH THE CHARACTER A BIT MORE, BUT THAT MIGHT JUST BE ME. HE WAS EXCELLENT. PJ WAS EVEN BETTER THIS TIME AROUND. HIS VOICE HAS GOTTEN STRONGER, AND HE KEEPS GROWING INTO HIS CHARACTER. HE CONTINUES TO SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH IN THE WIZARD, EVEN THOUGH HE HAS BEEN PLAYING THE ROLE FOR WELL OVER 5 YEARS NOW. RONDI REED- WAS VERY GOOD. IT WAS PRETTY GREAT TO SEE HER AS MORRIBLE AGAIN, AND HER MORRIBLE HAS CHANGED QUITE A LOT SINCE CHICAGO. HE SEEMS TO KNOW THE CHARACTER BETTER NOW (SHE WAS GREAT IN CHICAGO THOUGH) AS NESSA, JENNY FELLNER HAD A COMPLETLEY DIFFERENT TAKE ON THE CHARACTER, AND SHE ROCKED IT. I REALLY LIKED HER NESSAROSE, IT WAS MORE VULNERABLE, AND BIPOLAR THAN MOST OTHER NESSA'S WHO ARE REALLY JUST ANGRY AND HURT MOST OF THE TIME (WHICH IS NOT A BAD THING). ALEX BRIGHTMAN'S BOQ HAS CHANGED SOOOOO MUCH SINCE THE FIRST TIME I SAW HIM. HIS VOICE IS DIFFERENT, AND HIS ACTING CHOICES WERE DIFFERENT, BUT THEY WORKED! HE GAVE A GREAT PERFORMANCE!!! HE STILL DOESN'T TOP BRAD, BUT HE IS VERY VERY GOOD IN THE ROLE. TIMOTHY BRITTEN PARKER! I WAS VERY EXCITED I GOT TO FINALLY SEE HIM! HE WAS GREAT! AND HE IS ALSO THE FIRST OTC MEMBER OF WICKED I HAVE SEEN!



AFTER THE SHOW:

I BEGAN RUNNING TO THE STAGE DOOR, BUT ON THE WAY BOUGHT A FULL CAST SIGNED BC/EFA POSTER. WHEN I GOT TO THE STAGE DOOR, NOVA BERGERON BOLTED OUT, BUT SIGNED FOR EVERYONE THERE. NEXT OUT WAS SARAH BOLT, AND SHE DIDNT BOLT (GET IT? HAHAHAHA *SNORT*) BUT SHE WAS VERY NICE, AND SIGNED FOR EVERYONE. NEXT WAS MICHAEL DEVRIES, AND BEHIND HIM, PJ. MICHAEL SIGNED, BUT PJ LEFT BEFORE I COULD GET HIM :( OH WELL, I HAVE MET HIM LIKE A HUNDRED TIMES. DAVID HULL CAME OUT NEXT, AND SIGNED. HE WAS VERY NICE. AND WE TALKED BOUT THE FIRST TOUR. HES AWESOME! NATHAN PECK WAS NEXT. HE SIGNED AND TALKED. VERY NICE GUY! LINDSAY NORTHEN WAS NEXT, AND I CONGRATULATED HER ON HER ENGAGEMENT (NOT TO FIYERO) ROBIN WILNER CAME OUT AND SIGNED FOR US, AND TALKED WITH US. ALEX BRIGHTMAN CAME OUT, AND SIGNED, AND TALKED TO ME, AND REMEMBERED ME FROM LAST YEAR. HES A VERY NICE PERSON! STEPH TORNS WAS NEXT. SHE TALKED TO ME FOR LIKE A YEAR. SHE IS THE COOLEST PERSON EVER. NEXT WAS ANDY KARL, AND JENNY FELLNER. THEY BOTH SIGNED, AND TALKED TO US AND TOOK PICTURES. THEY WERE BOTH SO NICE. NEXT OUT WAS KATIE, WHO WAS MUCH LESS RESERVED NOW THAT SHE WAS DONE FOR THE AFTERNOON. SHE TALKED A LOT MORE, AND WAS LAUGHING. I GAVE HER THE POSTER I MADE FOR HER,A ND SHE LOVED IT :) I TOLD HER "KATIE, THIS IS WHY YOU ARE MY FAVORITE GLINDA." SHE WAS LIKE "YOU ARE SO SWEET KYLE!" AND TALKED TO ME A LOT :) NOW I HAD SEEN A RED HAIRED GIRL CHILLIN OUTSIDE THE STAGE DOOR BEFORE, AND I THOIGHT SHE LOOKED FAMILLIAR, BUT I COULDNT PLACE THE FACE. BUT THEN AFTER, I REALIZED SHE WAS ERIN MACKEY! SHE CAME OUT AND WAS SIGNING, AND SHE SIGNE ALL OF MY STUFF, AND WAS REALLY NICE! I TOLD HER WE USED TO WRITE, AND SHE REMEMBERED ME! RIGHT BEHIND HER WAS JENNY DINOIA, WHO TALKED TO ME FOR A REEAAAAAALLLY LONG TIME. SHE TOLD ME SHE WOULD SEND BACK THE MAIL I SENT HER A YEAR BEFORE. SHE WAS SO NICE! I LOVED THE SHOW, AND CANNOT WAIT TO SEE IT AGAIN! TTYL PPL!
Me and Andy Karl
Me and Stephanie Torns
Me and Katie Rose Clarke
Me, Jennifer DiNoia and Erin Mackey

No comments: