Saturday, December 7, 2013

WATCH: Idina Menzel sings "Let It Go" in Frozen!

Hey guys, another "Frozen" post for y'all.  I absolutely LOVE this song, and the way Idina Menzel sings it.  It is such a triumphant number, and the reason I am posting it on here is because I have heard a lot of comparisons between this film and Wicked.  I personally do not see a similar plot line at all, now having seen the film twice.  I do notice the sisterhood theme, and female empowerment theme, which I think are amazing.  However, this song DOES sound a bit like a mix between "The Wizard and I" and "Defying Gravity"!  I mean, it definitely is an original piece, but the theme of a young girl coming into her powers and finally feeling like she can be herself is very close to Wicked.   What do you guys think?  Feel free to comment or email me! :)

No comments: