Monday, January 27, 2014

Musical Monday: Christine Dwyer appreciation post!

Hey guys!  I was in NYC over the weekend and I didn't get to see Wicked.  However, Christine Dwyer was on for Elphaba on Friday night, and I hadn't seen her in person since I saw her go on in 2011 and I wanted to say hi!  Christine is one of my favorite Elphabas, onstage and off.  Her voice is absolutely phenomenal and so powerful and she's a sickly talented actress.  She's also such a gracious human being and I wanted to dedicate today's post to her.  I look horrible in the photo to the left, but I so appreciated Christine coming out and talking to us for a good 10 minutes.  She came AROUND the barricade and had a legitimate conversation with the few of us that waited,  despite just having performed a beast of a role onstage.  She is such a gracious human being and seemed to really appreciate that people waited for her.  I got so tongue tied as I often do, but she was totally cool about it :)  I love her story of how she came to be a Wicked fan and that she eventually got the role, and I am so happy that she has found herself on Broadway.  She worked hard on the road, and is now working hard in NYC.  You guys, this rock star is the standby for Elphaba on Broadway and will be there a while, so if you go and see the show and she's your Elphaba, REJOICIFY!

No comments: