Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Twitter Tuesday! Idina Menzel and Christine Dwyer!

Wicked tweeted a very special photo of Christine Dwyer, current Elphaba on Broadway, backstage at the Tony Awards with Jenni Barber (Glinda) and original Elphaba Idina Menzel.  For the Tony broadcast, Menzel performed the showstopping number 'Always Starting Over' from her show If/Then, Dwyer and Barber performed 'For Good' to celebrate the show's 10th Anniversary on Broadway.  Dwyer's full quote is below, and her story is very touching and inspiring.

“When I walked through the curtain in the dressing room and saw Idina standing there, I lost my mind! It was the most surreal experience to begin with - I never thought I would be performing Elphaba on the Tonys ever - but meeting the person who created this role and won a Tony for it backstage while waiting to go on was the perfect moment. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect moment. I saw Idina right before she left Wicked in NYC with my mom ten years ago. I waited at the stage door and my mom snapped a picture of me getting her autograph. When I got back to Hartt where I was studying musical theatre, I hung that picture on my bulletin board. I think I have a new picture to hang now :-)” –Christine Dwyer (Quote taken from Wicked's facebook page)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww. That's so cute