Sunday, March 15, 2015

Wicked First National Tour to Close on March 15th.


Emma Hunton and Chandra Lee Schwartz
The First National Tour of Wicked will play its final performance on March 15th, 2015 in Los Angeles, CA, just after hitting 10 years on the road.  The Emerald City tour began previews on March 9, 2005 in Toronto, Ontario, with an official Opening Night of March 31st.  It has gone around the country, breaking multiple box office records in every city it has played, returning to cities three, four, even five times.  Many Wicked fans have speculated this was coming for several months, and now it is officially out there.  I have seen the show on this tour 10 times, and though many people have seen it more times, I feel a very strong connection to this company for many reasons.  It was the first company I saw after my obsession for the show began, way back in 2006, and I have seen it quite a bit since then.  I think they do a gorgeous job telling the story and I will absolutely miss their presence on the road.  10 years, 10 Glindas, 14 Elphaba's and $790M later.  Goodbye 💚

No comments: