Sunday, March 15, 2015

Goodbye Wicked First National Tour

My 12 year old self seeing Wicked in Cleveland in 2008
Ten years.
October 21, 2006. July 1, 2007. March 1, 2008. July 12, 2008. December 5, 2009. May 7, 2011. January 18, 2014. January 18, 2014. January 19, 1014. February 9, 2014.

Toronto, Columbus, Cleveland, Buffalo, Cleveland, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh.

Words cannot describe how much this tour has meant to me over the years. In 2006, I bought the Wicked Grimmerie after seeing it twice before, and quickly fell back in love with this show. The First National Tour was the only company I saw for those first two years of obsession, 2006-9. I’ve basically grown up with this show, but in particular this company. This was the first company of Wicked that I was able to love and obsess over, and I am so grateful for the certain cast members who have all been in constant contact with me along the way.  Those people's love back has meant the world to me, and keeping up with the tour and them has been a blessing.

 I cannot believe that I am able to run Wicked 1NT's fan page on Facebook, allowing me to connect with so many fans of this gorgeous show and company.  It has been such a blessing, and I cannot believe it is over.  Some really amazing things and some really sad things have happened through the course of this tour and all of them have taught me a lot.  But tonight, even though it has not fully hit me yet, it is time to say goodbye for now.

 I don’t really know what I can say to properly express how I feel. But I will miss this company so much. And I hope the rumors of a 3NT are true. I love you my Emerald City tour!

No comments: